- The name of the club is “Manapouri Boating Club (Incorporated)”.
- The Registered Office of the club shall be at C/O The Wentworth Cake Kitchen, 28a Dee Street, Invercargill or at such other place as shall be decided upon by the General Committee from time to time.
- The Objects for which the club is formed are:
- To promote and encourage boating and sailing by amateurs generally with particular reference to Lake Manapouri.
- To promote and encourage boat racking and the like by the promotion of regattas and the giving of prizes and by any other means which may from time to ty be determined by the Club.
- To provide and maintain a club-house and a slip-way or slip-ways for the use of members of the club.
- To prepare, purchase, hire or otherwise acquire for distribution in relation to Lake Manapouri and the surround country and of rivers and streams flowing into or out of the said Lake.
- Generally to foster and promote the interests of owners of launches and other sailing craft and of permanent or casual residents residing at or near Lake Manapouri.
- All ladies and gentlemen of good character and repute whether boat-owners or not shall be eligible for membership.
- The number of members shall be unlimited
ELECTION OF MEMBERS
- Each candidate for admission as a member shall be proposed by one member and seconded by another member and such proposal shall be placed before the Executive Committee at its next ensuing meeting for its approval and upon the Executive Committee approving such proposal as aforesaid and upon payment by such candidate of the requisite annual membership subscription such candidate shall be deemed to be duly elected a member of the Society.
- Immediately after the election of a candidate the Secretary shall notify him or her of such election.
- Until otherwise determined by the Club in General Meeting the amount of the annual subscription payable by each member shall be One Pound (£1:0:0) and shall be payable not later than the 1st day of June each year.
MEMBERS IN ARREAR
- A member whose subscription is not paid by the last day of September in any year shall be notified thereof by letter and in the event of non-payment by the last day of October in the same year his or her subscription shall be deemed to be arrear and his or her name shall be posted on the notice boards (if any) of the club and he or she shall cease to enjoy any of the privileges of the club as long as his or hers subscription shall remain in arrears, If his or her subscription be not paid by the last day of December in the same year he or she shall cease to be a member of the club, but the Executive Committee may at any time re-admit him or her to membership upon his or her giving a satisfactory explanation and paying up all arrears of subscriptions then due.
RETIREMENT OF MEMBERS
- A member may retire from membership at any time by giving to the Secretary notice thereof in writing but any member retiring without having paid his or her subscription for the then current year shall be liable for the same.
EXPULSION OF MEMBERS
- Every member on joining the club impliedly undertakes to comply with these rule, and any refusal or neglect so to do, shall render such member liable to expulsion by a resolution of an annual or special general meeting, provided that at least one week before such meeting he or she shall have had notice thereof and of the intended resolution for his or her expulsion, and that he or she shall have had an opportunity of giving orally or in writing any explanation or defence he or she may think fit. A member expelled under this rule shall forfeit all right in, and claim upon, the club and its property. A notice under this rule shall be held to have been duly given if sent by prepaid post to the address of the member appearing in the club book. .
GOVERNMENT OF THE CLUB OFFICERS
- There shall be a Patron, a President, a Senior Vice President, and Junior Vice President, an Honorary Secretary and an Honorary Treasurer (which latter two offices may be held by the one person) who shall be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
- The general concerns of the club shall be managed by a General Committee consisting of the officers mentioned in the preceding rules and ten members to be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
- At all meetings of the General Committee the President if present or in his absence the Senior Vice President or in the absence of both the President and the Senior Vice President , the Junior Vice President shall preside and if all of these officers shall be absent the meeting shall appoint a chairman to preside over the meeting.
- At all meetings of the General Committee five members shall constitute a quorum.
- The General Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancies occurring during the year.
- The funds of the club shall be under the control of the General Committee which shall have the power to grant honoraria and donation thereout.
- The General Committee shall have the power to make by-laws and to alter amend or rescind them as occasion may require for the more efficient management and control of the affairs of the club and such by-laws shall have the same effect as but shall not be opposed to these rules.
- The General Committee may delegate any part of its duties to any one or more of its members or to any one or more of its members of the club subject to such conditions as the General Committee may think fit.
- The decision of the General Committee on the construction or interpretation of any rule or by-law shall be conclusive and binding on all members of the club unless and until the same shall be over-rules by an Annual or Special General Meeting.
- An annual general meeting of the members of the club shall be held on Easter Saturday or on such other date not later than the last day of April as the General Committee may from time to time appoint for transacting the general business of the club and receiving from the General Committee a report and abstract of the concerns of the club for the twelve months immediately preceding. The Annual balance sheet and statement of accounts duly audited and made up to the end of the club’s financial year with a report from the General Committee shall be submitted to such annual general meetings. Notice of the annual general meeting shall be posted to members at least seven days before the date of the meeting and may in addition be inserted in any one or more newspapers as the General Committee shall decide.
- The General Committee may as any time call a Special General Meeting and shall be bound to convene such Special General Meeting of the written requisition of at least tem financial members of the club specifying the business for which it is to be held. Notice of such Special General Meeting specifying the day and hour when, the place where, and the business for which it is to be held shall be posted to each member at least seven days before the date of the meeting and may in addition be advertised in any one or more newspapers as the General Committee shall decide. It shall not be competent for any Special General meeting to transact any business except such as shall be specified in the written notice convening the same.
- All general meetings (other than for the dissolution of the club) twelve financial members shall constitute a quorum.
- The Chairman as all general meetings shall be the President if present or in his absence the Senior Vice President or in the absence of both the President and the Senior Vice President , the Junior Vice President shall preside and if all of these officers shall be absent the Chairman for the meeting shall be elected by such meeting.
- In every case of the General or Special General Meeting (Except for the dissolution of the club) or of a meeting of the General Committee, if after the lapse of half-an-hour a quorum shall not be present such meeting shall stand adjourned until such date as the Chairman of such meeting shall decide at the same hour for which the meeting was called and so on from time to time until a quorum be present PROVIDED that if after three consecutive adjournments no quorum be present the meeting shall lapse. All meetings of members and all General Committee meetings shall have power to adjourn their proceedings from time to time.
VOTING AT GENERAL MEETINGS
- No member whose subscription for the current year shall be in arrears shall be entitled to vote at the Annual or at a Special General Meeting of the club or to move any motion or to take any part in any discussion at such General Meeting.
- At all meetings of members and at all General Committee meetings the mode of voting shall be on the voice or by show of hands as the Chairman shall decide or in the case of General Meetings if required by five members by ballot and at all meetings the Chairman shall have an ordinary, and, in cause of equality, a casting vote and all questions (except as may be otherwise provided for in these rules) shall be decided by the majority of the votes of members present qualified to vote.
NEW RULES OR AMENDMENTS
- No new rule nor alteration nor suspension of a rule shall be made except at an Annual General Meetings or at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose, notice of suspension having been given in the notice convening such Annual or Special General Meeting.
DISSOLUTION OF CLUB
- On application made to the General Committee in writing by not less than one half of the number of financial members signifying their desire that the club should be dissolved, a Special General Meeting shall be called to consider the question, of which meeting and its subject notice shall be given in the same manner as is provided for the calling of a Special General Meeting, except that the notice shall be given one calendar month preceding the date of such meeting. At such meeting postal votes will be received and the votes of a majority of the number of financial members shall be necessary to carry the proposition for dissolution. The quorum at such meeting shall consist of not less than one-third of the number of current financial members. Any who shall be absent from such meeting shall be entitled to exercise a postal vote on the proposition for the dissolution by such postal vote shall be in the hands of the Secretary at least twenty-four hours before the time of the meeting and shall not be opened until the commencement of such meeting. Any resolution for dissolution shall be confirmed*.
- In the event of dissolution the funds property and other assets of the club shall be disposed of in such manner and for such purposes as the majority of financial members present at the meeting carrying the resolution for dissolution shall at such meeting decide.
RESOLUTIONS OF MEETINGS BINDING ON ALL MEMBERS
- All resolutions passed at meetings of the club shall be conclusive and binding on all members of the club whether they shall be present as such meetings or not provided that such meetings are held in conformity with the Rules for the time being in force in the club.
POWER TO HOLD AND DISPOSE OF PROPERTY AND RAISED MONEY
- The General Committee shall have the power in the name of the club to purchase sell exchange lease or take on lease any real or personal property or any interest therein and to employ any of the club’s funds for such purpose and shall also have power to raise money by way of mortgage or debenture on any of the club’s real or other property or otherwise as the General Committee shall think fit.
- An honorary auditor shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
SEAL OF THE CLUB
- The Seal of the Club shall be in the custody of the Honorary Secretary and shall be affixed to such documents as the General Committee may from time to time direct in the presence of the President and the Honorary Secretary.
Want to join the Manapouri Boating Club or have an enquiry?